Saturday 11 April 2009

Easter egg (nog)

I love Easter bank holidays, except for the minor problem of it usually ending up being a four-day bringe drinkathon. A simple post work drink on Thursday descends into the routine of drinking in the evening with friends at the local pub, staving off the hangover the next day by eating copious amounts of junk food, feeling guilty about skipping the gym again and ending up back down the pub.

This bank holiday so far has been no exception and I am currently fighting off the last lingering remnants of a red wine hangover. Ouch. The crappy weather doesn't help as it means I can't go for a mind-clearing walk through the countryside - one of the best hangover cures I know.

Still, Saturday night and a glass of wine will get me back on track, although my shrivelled cashew nut of a liver would probably disagree.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment